Publications in 2014-2015
Publications, July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
- Allen-Daniels, M.J., Serrano, M.G., Pflungner, L.P., Fettweis, J.M., Prestosa, M.A., Koparde, V.N., Brooks, J.P., Strauss, III, J.F., Romero, R., Chaiworapongsa, T., Eschenbach, D.A., Buck, G.A., and Jefferson, K.K. (2015) "Identification of a Gene in Mycoplasma hominis Associated with Preterm Birth and Microbial Burden in Intra-amniotic Infection," American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 212, online ahead of print.
- Boone, E. L., Merrick, J. R. W. and Krachey, M. (2014) "A Hellinger distance approach to MCMC diagnostics," J. Stat. Comp. and Sim, Vol. 84, Nos. 4, 833-849.
- Coleman, J. A., Ingram, K., Bays, A., Joy-Gaba, J. A., and Boone, E.L. (2015) "Disability and Assistance Dog Implicit Association Test: A novel IAT," Rehabilitation Psychology. 60(1), 17–26.
- Brooks, J.P., Edwards, D.J., Harwich, Jr., M.D., Rivera, M.C., Fettweis, J.M., Serrano, M.G., Reris, R.A., Sheth, N.U., Huang, B., Girerd, P., The Vaginal Microbiome Consortium (additional members), Strauss, J.F., III, Jefferson, K.K., and Buck, G.A. (2015) "The Truth about Metagenomics: Quantifying and Counteracting Bias in 16S rRNA Studies," BMC Microbiology, 15, 66.
- Brooks, J.P., Fettweis, J.M., Serrano, M.G., Girerd, P.H., Edwards, D.J., Strauss, J.F., Buck, G.A., Jefferson, K.K. (2014) "Differences in the vaginal microbiome and bacterial vaginosis in women of African versus European ancestry," Microbiology, 160, 2272-2282.
- Brooks, J.P., and Lee, E.K. (2014) "Solving a Mixed Integer Programming-Based Constrained Discrimination Model," INFORMS Journal on Computing, 26, 567-585.
- Chen, Y., Wang, Q. and Yao, W. (2015) "Adaptive estimation for varying coefficient models," Journal of Multivariate Statistics, 137, 17-31.
- Edwards, D.J., Weese, M.L. and Palmer, G.A. (2014) "Comparing Methods for Design Follow-up: Revisiting a Metal-Cutting Case Study," Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, 30, 464-478.
- Fettweis, J.M., Brooks, J.P., Serrano, M.G., Sheth, N.U., Girerd, P.H., Edwards, D.J., Strauss, J.F., III, the Vaginal Microbiome Consortium, Jefferson, K.K., and Buck, G.A. (2014) "Differences in Vaginal Microbiome in African American Women versus Women of European Ancestry," Microbiology, 160, 2272-2282.
- Fettweis, J.M., Serrano, M.G., Huang, B., Brooks, J.P., Glascock, A.L., Sheth, N.U., Vaginal Microbiome Consortium, Strauss, J.F., Jefferson, K.K., and Buck, G.A. (2014) "An Emerging Mycoplasma Associated with Trichomoniasis, Vaginal Infection and Disease," PLOS ONE, 9(10), e110943.
- Fukasawa, R., He, Q., and Song, Y. (2014) "Energy Minimization Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problems," Accepted for publication, Transportation Science.
- Huang, B., Fettweis, J.M., Brooks, J.P., Jefferson, K.K., and Buck, G.A. (2014) "The Changing Landscape of the Vaginal Microbiome," Clinics in Laboratory Medicine, 34, 747-761.
- The Integrative HMP Research Network Consortium (including Edwards, D.J. and Brooks, J.P.) (2014) "The Integrative Human Microbiome Project: Dynamic Analysis of Microbiome-Host Omics Profiles during Periods of Human Health and Disease," Cell Host and Microbe, 16(3), 276-289.
- Ly, C. (2014) "Dynamics of Coupled Noisy Neural Oscillators with Heterogeneous Phase Resetting Curves," SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems, 13, 1733—1755.
- Merrick, J. R. W, Butler, J. C., Morrice, D. J. (2015) "Using Multiattribute Utility Theory to Avoid Bad Outcomes by Focusing on the Best Systems in Ranking and Selection," Accepted by Journal on Simulation, available online from February 27, 2015.
- Merrick, J. R. W., Leclerc, P. (2014) "Modeling Adversaries in Counter-terrorism Decisions Using Prospect Theory," Appeared in early view for Risk Analysis. Article first published online: 14 JUL 2014.
- Song, Y., Luedtke, J., and Kucukyavuz, S. (2014) "Chance-constrained Packing Problems," INFORMS Journal on Computing, 26(4), 735-747.
- Song, Y. and Luedtke, J. (2015) "An Adaptive Partition-based Approach for Solving Two-stage Stochastic Programs with Fixed Recourse," Accepted for publication, SIAM Journal on Optimization.
- Song, Y. and Zhang, M. (2015) "Chance-Constrained Multi-Terminal Network Design Problems," Accepted for publication, Naval Research and Logistics.
- Vanee, N., Brooks, J.P., Spicer, V., Krokhin, O., Wilkins, J.A., Deng, Y., and Fong, S.S. (2014) "Proteomics-based Metabolic Model and Metabolic Characterization of the Cellulolytic Bacterium Thermobifida fusca," BMC Systems Biology, 8, 86.
- Wang, Q. and Wu, R. (2015) "Semiparametric estimation for the time series of count data," Communications in Statistics: Theory and Methods, 44, 983-995.
- Wang, Q., Yin, X. and Critchley, F. (2015) "Dimension reduction based on Hellinger integral," Biometrika, 102, 95-106.
- Weese, M.L., Smucker, B.J., and Edwards, D.J. (2015) "Searching for Powerful Supersaturated Designs," Journal of Quality Technology, 47(1), 66-84.
- Wilson, S. R., Leonard, R. D., Edwards, D. J., Swieringa, K. A., and Murdoch, J. L. (2015) "Model Specification and Confidence Intervals for Voice Communication," Quality Engineering. In Press.
- Young, T.M., León, R.V., Chen, C.H., Chen, W., Guess, F.M., Edwards, D.J. (2015) "Robustly Estimating Lower Percentiles when Observations are Costly," Quality Engineering. In Press.
Reports and Proceedings, July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
- Hess, E.J. and Brooks, J.P. (2015) "The Support Vector Machine and Mixed Integer Linear Programming: Ramp Loss SVM with L1-Norm Regularization," Proceedings of the 14th INFORMS Computing Society Conference, Richmond, VA, 2015.
- Reris, R.A., and Brooks, J.P. (2015) "Principal Component Analysis and Optimization: A Tutorial," Proceedings of the 14th INFORMS Computing Society Conference, Richmond, VA, 2015.
- Song, Y. and Dinh, T. (2014) "Optimal Containment of Misinformation in Social Media: A Scenario-based Approach," Proceedings of CSoNet’14, Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- Stewart-Koster, B., Boone, E.L. and Sheldon F. (2014) "Statistical Investigation for Optimisa- tion of the Healthy Waterways Ecosystem Health Monitoring Program," Report to the Healthy Waterways Partnership, South-East Queensland.
Books and Chapters, July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
- Merrick, J. R. W., LeClerc, P., Trenkov, H., Olsen, R. (2015) "Outthinking the Terrorists," Breakthroughs in Risk Analysis, Anthony Cox (Ed), Wiley.